Pair of Etruscan Revival Gold Fringe Pendant-Earrings and Brooch
Reverse of brooch with glazed compartment, c. 1870, ap. 15 dwts. With original fitted box signed Late Storr & Mortimer, 156 New Bond Street.
Storr & Mortimer was founded in 1822 by the fine English silversmith Paul Storr and John Mortimer. They provided exceptionally crafted silver and gold jewelry to royal and aristocratic families. The firm added John Samuel Hunt and operated until 1839 when Mortimer retired and the name was changed to Hunt & Roskell, which was in operation until the late 1960s.
C Estate of a Treasure Hunter
Additional Notes & Condition Report
Hooks. 1 7/8 x 1/2 inches.
Rosy patina to brooch. Silver/white metal rim on reverse of glazed compartment. Diameter 1 3/8 inches.
Any condition statement is given as a courtesy to a client, is an opinion and should not be treated as a statement of fact and Doyle New York shall have no responsibility for any error or omission. Please contact the specialist department to request further information or additional images that may be available.
No condition report? Click here to request one.