Tiffany & Co. Platinum, Carved Emerald and Diamond Fringe Necklace
Centering clover links centering 10 old European-cut diamonds, joined by pairs of 18 old European-cut diamonds, suspending one drop-shaped fluted emerald ap. 17.5 x 13.7 x 12.5 mm., flanked by fringes of 18 drop-shaped fluted emeralds ap. 14.1 x 8.5 x 6.6 mm. to 8.7 x 6.5 x 5.1 mm., all with slender small old European-cut diamond-set caps, joined by clover links and old European-cut diamonds, totaling 57 old European-cut diamonds ap. 7.75 cts., completed by an oval link chain, signed Tiffany & Co., circa 1930. Length 14 5/8 inches.
This piece was made for Dorothy Q. Pardee, the daughter of Frank Pardee and granddaughter of Ariovistus Pardee, the founding father of present day Hazleton, Pennsylvania. Ario Pardee incorporated the Hazelton Coal Company in 1836, where coal mined in Hazleton helped establish the United States as a world power fueling blast furnaces. Her husband, Harold Benjamin Clark, who commissioned the piece from Tiffany & Co., was a leading broker of the former White Weld & Co, now Merrill Lynch in New York.
C From the Estate of Dorothy Q. Pardee Clark
Additional Notes & Condition Report
Length of center drop 1 5/8 inches. Side fringe length 1 1/4 to 3/4 inches.
Any condition statement is given as a courtesy to a client, is an opinion and should not be treated as a statement of fact and Doyle New York shall have no responsibility for any error or omission. Please contact the specialist department to request further information or additional images that may be available.
No condition report? Click here to request one.