Vienna (du Paquier) Porcelain Two-Handled Double-Lipped Sauceboat
Of navette shape flanked by upright strap and shell handles, finely painted in the famille verte palette with peony roses sprays below flowerheads on a seeded green border, the gadrooned spout and flaring foot trimmed in iron-red, the interior with a displaying phoenix before a blossoming peony plant, the rim with a trellis and flowerhead border issuing four salmon-ground scrolls enriched with flowers on a gilt ground, alternating with fan-pattern devices at the spout and handles.
Length 9 1/2 inches, width overall 7 1/2 inches.
Anton Redlich Collection, Vienna.
Kende Galleries, New York, 5 April 1940.
Dr. William P. Harbeson Collection, no. A.V. 14 (collection label).
Parke-Bernet Galleries, New York, 10 December 1971, lot 219.
For a tureen and cover in this pattern, see Wilhelm Mrazek and Waltraud Neuwirth, Wiener Porzellan 1718-1864, pl. 12, fig. 58. For an example of the same form, see the Los Angeles County Museum, CA.
C Estate of Sarah Belk Gambrell
Additional Notes & Condition Report
Any condition statement is given as a courtesy to a client, is an opinion and should not be treated as a statement of fact and Doyle New York shall have no responsibility for any error or omission. Please contact the specialist department to request further information or additional images that may be available.
No condition report? Click here to request one.