NEW YORK, NY -- On Wednesday, September 16, 2020 at 10am EDT, Doyle will hold the single-owner auction of The Collection of Dorothea Benton Frank. This landmark auction will feature property from her Montclair home decorated by New York interior designer Thomas Britt. Among the highlights are elegant furniture, decorations and artwork, as well as memorabilia related to her successful career as an author.
Doyle is celebrating the New York Times Best Selling author with a book giveaway ahead of our September 16 auction. We invite you to participate for a chance to win a signed first edition copy of her acclaimed novel Lowcountry Summer.
To enter, you must:
- Follow @doylenewyork on Instagram
- Like the giveaway post
- Tell us your favorite summer read and tag a bookish friend in the comments!
- This giveaway is hosted by Doyle Auctioneers & Appraisers.
- To enter, follow @doylenewyork on Instagram, like our giveaway post and tag a friend who loves to read in the comments.
- This giveaway is only open to United States residents 18 years or older.
- This giveaway is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram.
- This giveaway will run until 11:59pm EDT on Monday, September 14, 2020
- The winner will be randomly chosen and notified via Instagram direct message on Tuesday, September 15, 2020.
- The winner must claim their prize by September 22, 2020.
- The prize will be mailed by USPS. Price of shipping will be covered by Doyle. Alternatively, the prize may be picked up at 175 East 87th Street, New York, New York, 10128 by appointment.
Select works of art from The Collection of Dorothea Benton Frank will be offered in the auction of Important Paintings on Thursday, September 17 at 11am EDT. Featured are a lovely still life of roses from 1903 by Henri Fantin-Latour (French, 1836-1904) (est. $200,000-400,000), a view of Menton on the French Riviera by Jean Francois Raffaelli (French, 1850-1924) (est. $70,000-100,000) and a small-scale painting from 1946 by Alexander Calder (est. $70,000-90,000).
Additional property from The Collection of Dorothea Benton Frank will be offered in the auctions of Jewelry on Sept 16, Fine Jewelry on Sept 23, Fine Literature on Sept 30, and English & Continental Furniture & Decorative Arts on October 28.