Group of English and Asian Style Porcelain Articles
Comprising two shell-shaped serving dishes, four salad plates, eleven teacups, six saucers, small bowl, covered two-handled oval sauce boat and stand, creamer, two covered oval sugar bowls, and a D-shaped planter; Together with Two Chinese Black Lacquered Small Plates. Height of planter 6 inches, width 8 3/4 inches, depth 4 1/4 inches; diameter of salad plates 9 1/2 inches.
Additional Notes & Condition Report
- both shell-shaped dishes are damaged
- cover is damaged on oval sugar bowl with dot and banded decoration
- cover is damaged on oval sugar bowl with foliate band above plain white
- handle broken and repaired on gilt decorated white milk pot
- chip loss to rim of small cup with green laurel band and chip loss to rim of
- extensive damage to cup with no handle with wavy orange band above
white fluted band
- under tray/stand of small oval sauce boat badly broken and poorly repaired
- hairline crack to cup with circular reserve depicting a lion
- firing line near one of the upper corners of the planter, apparently as made
- otherwise, remaining 8 cups, 5 saucers, sugar bowl and small bowl appear to be in generally good condition
Any condition statement is given as a courtesy to a client, is only an opinion and should not be treated as a statement of fact. Doyle New York shall have no responsibility for any error or omission. The absence of a condition statement does not imply that the lot is in perfect condition or completely free from wear and tear, imperfections or the effects of aging.
No condition report? Click here to request one.