George J. Stengel
Whitehead, Monhegan, circa 1927
Inscribed with the artist's name and title on the stretcher
Oil on canvas
24 1/4 x 30 1/8 inches
Grace V. Stengel, the artist's widow
By gift to the current owner, 1944
C Property of a Mid-Atlantic Museum to Benefit the Acquisitions Fund
Additional Notes & Condition Report
1. Remove grime layer and pencil marks from painting with Ammonium Citrate 2.5% in water.
2. Consolidate areas of flaking paint with BEVA D-8
3. Fill areas of loss with Modostuc filler.
4. Apply new varnish of BEVA varnish (Regalrez resin with U V stabilizer).
5. Retouch as necessary with resin colors (Maimeri).
Any condition statement is given as a courtesy to a client, is only an opinion and should not be treated as a statement of fact. Doyle New York shall have no responsibility for any error or omission. The absence of a condition statement does not imply that the lot is in perfect condition or completely free from wear and tear, imperfections or the effects of aging.
No condition report? Click here to request one.