George J. Stengel
Shadows in Brook
Inscribed as titled on the stretcher
Oil on canvas
32 x 24 inches
Grace V. Stengel, the artist's widow
By gift to the current owner, 1944
C Property of a Mid-Atlantic Museum to Benefit the Acquisitions Fund
Additional Notes & Condition Report
Treatment Performed, 2017
1. Remove grime layer and discolored varnish from painting.
2. Patch tear with Polyester Reemay and mylar adhered with BEVA 371
3. Fill area of loss with Modostuc filler.
4. Apply new varnish of BEVA varnish (Regalrez resin with U V stabilizer).
5. Retouch as necessary with resin colors (Maimeri).
Any condition statement is given as a courtesy to a client, is only an opinion and should not be treated as a statement of fact. Doyle New York shall have no responsibility for any error or omission. The absence of a condition statement does not imply that the lot is in perfect condition or completely free from wear and tear, imperfections or the effects of aging.
No condition report? Click here to request one.